Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Doing The Happy Dance

Well, I was freaking out because Jillian still isnt fully potty trained. Infact she just recently started showing any interest in it. So I got together with some other moms to talk to them about what I should do.

So it would turn out my kid really isnt slow at all. Shes pretty much right on track for her. I never really thought about it but they all potty train at their own pace no matter how much we influence them.

I didnt want to push Jillian so I just kinda left it up to her wanting to or not. Then I started putting her in underpants all the time except at bedtime/naptime and when we would go out shopping or something.

One of my friends suggested to push her along a bit to take her out on short trips and if she has an accident she wont like it at all being out and about. So she will want to make stops at the potty. So I tried this for the first time yesterday.

We went to the gym and we were there for an hour and a half to two hours. She played hard with the other kids there and not one accident!

We got out to the truck and did the happy dance. She was really happy that she didnt make a mess. So it would seem my daughter is on the fast track now to growing up.

No comments: